Thursday, May 26, 2005

Now that I've found my "posting groove"- here comes a holiday weekend. I will probably not be able to post again until next week. Don't let that stop youfrom registering and airing your thoughts.

I've got a new pet peeve! Just when the music industry started to lower the pricing on CD's - they have introduced the "new and improved"(ha-ha)double disk. One side is the compact disc and the flip side is a DVD that relates in some way. For this they are charging almost twice what you would pay for just the CD. It's ironic that the extremely socially conscious Bruce Springsteen is one of the first to release this format. His "Devils and Dust" will be in the New Release bin sometime next week. Ben Folds' "Songs for Silverman" is another dual disk that we've added to the collection.
If you listen to a lot of music on your computer and can enjoy all the extra video bells and whistles -congrats, this format might be for you. Most of my listening pleasure comes while I drive - so the other stuff is worthless, and I resent having it shoved down my throat in an overpriced package.
I would really like to hear what you think about this. So register (at the reference desk), and start posting.

If you like the Blues, its not too early to start thinking about the Riverhead Blues Festival. This year's edition will kick off July 8,9 and 10 with lots of great acts including local favorites: The Kerry Kearney Band, L'il Toby Walker, and Joe Vicino and the Smoke Daddies. Check the web site for details.

http://www.riverhead-bluesfestival.com/

For a preview of this very popular musical gathering, look for the CD called "Riverhead Blues Festival 2002." It will be available next week.

Have a great holiday weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger michael said...

Hi, I hope you all had a great weekend. Besides the good weather and the innaugural barbecue, the highlight of my weekend was getting to see "Mad Hot Ballroom." If you haven't heard about this wonderful documentary, I'm sure you will! It is about a special program designed to teach ballroom dancing to elementary school students in the New York City School System. The teaching scenes are priceless. The competition is exhilirating. The connection between the subjects and the viewer is magical.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home